Monday, November 9, 2009

Turkey Boy - Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Turkey Boy

I had duty on Wednesday, and during one of the breaks, I was standing in the hallway when a boy asked me if I was bored. After making him repeat his question (did he really ask if I was bored?), I answered, that, yes, it could get boring standing here on the second floor. I learned that he is in th 6th grade and is from Turkey.

"Call me Turkey Boy," he said. What? "You're Turkish," I said. "Yes," he said, "but I want to be called Turkey Boy."

He insisted and said he knew what "turkey" means. I then asked if I could eat him for Thanksgiving dinner. He looked surprised. "Americans eat turkeys for Thanksgiving," I told him. "I'm not that kind of turkey!" he said.

It was amusing, to have an 11-year old boy insist on being called a turkey...

No comments:

Post a Comment