Monday, December 14, 2009

Tuesday - Thursday, 24 - 26 November 2009

Sorry, but I've fallen behind in my writing, and I can't quite remember much from this week! Nothing special. Just read tons of Facebook updates about Thanksgiving, luckily it was never that big of a holiday for me. Sophia went home with Irene after school on Tuesday, which gave me a chance to go grocery shopping without her (always nice!)

We heard a rumor that Friday was a Muslim holiday and hence there would be no school. It wasn't until Thursday that this was confirmed. There were three of us in the hallway when the vice principal told us this. We stressed to him that we were not planning on not coming to school simply because the students had told us there was no school. Just as we had not planned on coming to school this past Saturday until that had been officially confirmed. We like to follow the rules, and we like to know what the rules are. Our complaint wasn't simply about working on a Saturday, it was mostly about not being officially informed. Same goes for having a holiday on Friday.

I checked the school calendar that I had finally received. The holiday is not listed.

And wouldn't it have been something to mention when we weren't happy about working on a Saturday? That a 3-day weekend was coming up?

So this week was great. Usually the last day of the week is Friday, and I have 6 classes on Friday, and that leaves me little time to prepare for the next week. (Two Fridays in a row--which is what we had when we worked on Saturday--is not fun at all!) So ending the week on a Thursday, when I only have 3 classes, was great. I was relaxed, I was prepared for the next week.

All good. Not a bad week after a rough start.

No comments:

Post a Comment