Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Packages - Wednesday, 18 November 2009

So it cost my mom $53 a package, and so far only one out of three has arrived. I had finally decided just to give up and let it be a nice surprise when and if it arrived. So it was definitely a nice surprise when one finally arrived.

What do you want from America when you live in Kazakhstan? Well, I wish I had asked for my Christmas stuff earlier. Now it's too late. But books for the children was on my list (I had left about a hundred behind, and so she sent some). The crucifix I had forgotten. Magnets for the fridge (I have souvenir magnets from different places I've visited). And, best of all--Parmesan cheese, Mac and Cheese mix, Ritz Crackers and Rice Krispie treats for Sophia.

She finished the Parm. cheese in less than one week. She gobbled down pasta so hungrily as if she hadn't eaten in a year. The Rice Krispie treats lasted as many days as there were treats (about 8, I think) and the Ritz crackers are still here. They serve as her lunch.

I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised with the arrival of one of the other two packages!

(Update: The Ritz crackers are finished as of Wednesday, 9 December 2009.)

No comments:

Post a Comment