Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sick again! - Monday, 23 November 2009

I didn't go to the library on Saturday, and it's closed on Sunday, and my Scooby Doo DVD was late. The library closes at 7 pm and it's about 30 minutes to get there, maybe more, considering walking to the bus stop and waiting for the bus takes time.

So I decided to go with Sophia, leaving school a little bit early to take the bus and not use the driver.

At the bus stop, she complained that had a headache. By the time the bus arrived, she was howling. On the bus, she starting screaming/crying, "I'm going to throw up!" Great. Luckily I was holding the plastic bag that serves as her lunch bag. I quickly took out the tupperware-like container and juice bottle, and she threw up in that.

The bus was getting more and more crowded, and I didn't look around to see what other people were thinking. I was amazed--Sophia managed to get all of her vomit inside the bag. No mess.

We got off at our stop and walked home. She was so miserable she did not even complain about walking.

When we arrived at the apartment, she vomited over the side of the stairs while I called the Filipino teachers. They had been at the school when I had left, early. Now they were already at home! Why hadn't I taken the driver?!

Lynn came down with the elevator key and not having to walk up 3 flights of steps helped Sophia.

I realized then that if I have to go anywhere, it's just as quick to take the driver home and then catch a bus.

Sophia slept sound until 9:30 pm and then woke up and thought it was morning!

Luckily, the next day she was better.

Valerie had gotten sick again, and the doctor said she should have her tonsils out! Oh, no! From what I've heard, you don't want to have to go to the hospital in Kazakhstan, even in Astana. She said she wasn't going to have them taken out, at least not until she got a 2nd opinion in another country.

(Update: Valerie decided that the infection that the doctor was worried about was the same infection that she'd had earlier, not a new one. She is allergic to penicillin, and so the medicine she'd taken previously had not been too strong. She took more medicine and seems to be healthier. Her tonsils are currently still in.)

No comments:

Post a Comment